Wednesday, August 1, 2012


Need more time? Change your vocabulary!

Sometimes I get the question, “How do you have enough time to do everything?” My answer is simple. I don’t.

I don’t do everything, I prioritize. Instead of saying “I don’t have time…” I look at it from a different point of view. You don’t have to say it out loud; it can be in your head. Every time you think, “I’d love to start playing tennis again, but I don’t have time” or “I want to read more, but I don’t have time” just start saying “It isn’t a priority”. I’m not exercising because it isn’t a priority…etc.

This helps put everything into perspective, instead of thinking that you can do everything, it’s important to come to terms with the fact that you can’t do everything. Once you realize that you can’t, you’ll suddenly start viewing your time more valuably. From there you can take a good look at what you do. You may be surprised, you can come up with a list of priorities and compare them to what it is you do everyday, there may be some differences. Take a look at what you do, because those are your priorities, whether you say they are or not, and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment