Friday, September 7, 2012

The Door-in-Door fridge features the company's Smart Cooling Plus System that's claimed to...
LG debuts novel door-in-door super capacity fridge and why you should be wary of it.

We love appliances here at Appliance Direct, so when new products hit the shelves anywhere, we like to go take a look. It's important to us, and we do enjoy new technology and designs. It also gives us a chance to see the product through different eyes, and what we saw from this novel door-in-door super capacity monstrosity, excuse us, french door refrigerator, is not something we would recommend. Why? 


From this view, I have opened up the first part of the door within a door. Nice, little storage area. Kind of like a tall skinny mini bar, which is an interesting concept. While it may be able to save you some energy by keeping the rest of the fridge closed, it'll require a little maintenance. 


What I mean by maintenance is, this little "leave my favorites here so I don't have to open the whole fridge" has a can storage bin for, 4 or 5 cans of soda? If one person in your family drinks one can of soda a day, you will be restocking this little area quite often. And the opening and closing of restocking will be eating into your energy savings (especially if you keep restocking from the bigger part of the fridge). 


And to my favorite part (or least favorite depending on how you look at it). When you open the whole door, you will see that you have more storage on the other side. To get to this storage, there is a little plastic door. (Excuse the blurry picture) I have opened the plastic door, you can see the latch, but the plastic door is a little hard to see. It is flimsy. The shelves are not adjustable, which is a negative, but the bad part is? I almost broke this refrigerator. I forgot that there is another door I had to close and as I closed the whole refrigerator door, I heard the plastic start to snap and I realized what I had just done. 

We are trained to take what we want from the refrigerator, and close the door. I want what I want and I want it now, I don't want to try to remember which compartment I put something in, see that it isn't stocked and have to search for it (at this point I'm not going to restock it into the front part of the door) and heaven forbid I open another door and then close the whole door. 

Basically, More Parts = More Accidents and/or More Repairs

We give this innovative project a "dislike"




No comments:

Post a Comment